Youth Agenda (YAA) is a Youth led, Youth
serving organization founded in 1996, sparked by evidence exclusion of
youth in spheres of life and fueled by a passion for the ‘Total youth’.
For over two decades, Youth Agenda been a leading advocate for the Youth by developing their capacity to take charge of the affairs in their own county through leadership training, knowledge generation and dissemination as well as facilitating platforms for them to engage in governance and development processes.
A just, equitable and progressive society in which young people fully enjoy social, economic and political rights
To provide a platform to harness and nurture young people through informed, innovative and value driven approaches for personal, community and national development
YAA is governed by eight values and principles in which all staffs, members and organs are guided and abide to, Courage; Discipline; Integrity; Relevance; Focus; Creativity & Innovation; Passion; and Resourcefulness.
What we do
- We build the capacity of youth to track and monitor government’s planning and budgeting process in a bid to enhance transparency and accountability.
- We track and monitor the implementation of Article 55 of the Constitution of Kenya.
- We enhance the ability of the young Members of Parliament and County Assemblies to represent the needs and demands of their constituents especially the youths.
- Sustained advocacy towards formulation and implementation of youth responsive policies by National and County Government.
- We offer an innovative online economic mentorship programme for youths in Kenya. The youths are linked with successful mentors across the world to sharpen the skills and knowledge in different career paths.
- Knowledge generation and dissemination through research and surveys.
- We strive to promote adherence/ implementation of the two thirds gender rule thus contributing to gender equality.