Elevate Mentorship Programme
The Elevate mentorship programme undertaken by Vollie Australia and YAA partnership seeks to address youth unemployment in Kenya by providing young people with access to mentors who have the skills and expertise to support them with their professional growth. This is done by connecting 100 young people, aged 18-24, through the existing Youth Agenda network in Nairobi directly with professionals in Australia via Vollie’s existing tech platform to facilitate conversations around their skills, interests and ambitions.
- Address the youth unemployment challenge through mentorship support.
- Embrace technological advancement to develop platforms for youth empowerment.
Youth Night Markets
To provide a solution to the challenge of youth unemployment, YAA implemented the youth night market project to provide a readily accessible market for the youth.
- Tackled the challenge of youth unemployment through market support.
- Empowered more than 100 young new entrepreneurs.
- Stimulated economic growth through youth involvement in businesses.
Advocacy towards Youth economic empowerment
Over the years, YAA has engaged the County and the National government towards development of affirmative action and policies that will deliberate tackle the challenge of youth’s economic empowerment.
On the other, YAA has developed awareness and skills amongst the youths on tapping of opportunities such as the AGPO and County youth funds.
This has lead to youths venturing into businesses with the counties and creating economic indepedence.