22 Nov PROGRAMME OFFICER
Date of issuance: 30th November 2018
Closing date: 7th December 2018 at 4:00pm
Job Grade: Management
Duty station: Nairobi
Vacancy Ref: PO/2018
Organization: The Youth Agenda
Accountable to: Chief Executive Officer
Youth Agenda (YAA) is an independent, national, non-profit, non-partisan youth led and youth serving organization founded in 1996. Sparked by evidence exclusion of youth in spheres of life and fuelled by a passion for the ‘total’ youth. Youth Agenda’s mission is to make the youth factor count by influencing, linking and enhancing youth access to social, economic, cultural and political opportunities.
Youth Agenda is looking for a Programme Officer who will be responsible for providing programmatic and technical support in the formulation, implementation, monitoring, documentation of information in a professional and effective manner.
Overall, the Programme Officer’s duties and responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating, managing and overseeing implementation of Youth Agenda’s donor funded programme with specific focus to youth engagement and development
- Coordinating and be in dialogue with youth, youth organisations and government institutions relating to youth development
- Monitoring, tracking and conducting relevant thematic research on youth development;
- Generating quality programme reports;
- Coordinating, documentation, publishing and disseminating youth related information;
- Developing proposals and concepts in line with the Youth Agenda Theory of Change Strategy 2017-2022
- Representing Youth Agenda in relevant meetings, working groups and coordination forums of direct relevance to youth engagements;
- Candidates must have in their possession a University degree in any of the following disciplines: Entrepreneurship, Sociology, Community Development, Law, Political Science, International Relations, Strategic Management or related field;
- Postgraduate qualifications in a related field is an added advantage;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with significant expertise in governance and development
- Demonstrable understanding of and commitment to youth programs and current youth issues.
- Deep interest in governance and socio-economic development of the youth in Kenya and beyond.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to write various types of documents proposals and donor reports;
- Strong research, communication, advocacy and networking skills;
- Analytical thinking and decisive judgment;
- Ability to work in a non-partisan manner, sensitivity to ethnic and cultural differences;
- A team player able to demonstrate a constructive, cooperative and problem-solving approach;
- Candidates must be below 35 years of age
Terms of Employment
A competitive remuneration will be provided commensurate to the qualifications of the successful candidate.
The Programme Officer will be based in Nairobi with regular duty travels to the counties of operations
Applicants should send a cover letter expressing their interest and expectations from the position and curriculum vitae with contact details of three professional referees clearly citing the vacancy reference provided above by 7th December 2018 at 4:00pm to E-mail: email@example.com