22 Nov FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT
Closing date: 30th November 2018
Date of issuance: 7th December 2018 at 4pm
Job Grade: Finance & Admin Support
Duty station: Nairobi
Vacancy Ref. FM/2018
Organization: The Youth Agenda
Accountable to: Finance Officer
Youth Agenda (YAA) is an independent, national, non-profit, non-partisan youth led and youth serving organization founded in 1996. Sparked by evidence exclusion of youth in spheres of life and fuelled by a passion for the ‘total’ youth, YAA mission is to make the youth factor count by influencing, linking and enhancing youth access to social, economic, cultural and political opportunities.
Youth Agenda is looking for a Finance and Administration Assistant in the department responsible for administrative and financial functions at The Youth Agenda, and will be reporting to the Finance Officer.
Overall, the Finance and Administration Assistant duties and responsibilities will include:
- Maintenance of petty cash and project cash imprests including their records to ensure funds are available when required.
- Responsible for preparation and processing of payment vouchers, cheques, local purchase order.
- Preparation of financial documentation for project staff travel, reimbursement claims and travel allowances and activity imprest and disbursements.
- Assist the finance Officer in maintenance, preparation and regular updating of books of accounts, bank statements and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Responsible for proper filing and maintenance of all financial records and registers.
- Assist the Finance Officer in preparing programme budgets.
- Assist the Administration Officer in procurement of supplies and services for office administration and project requirements by reviewing bid analysis.
- To assist in ensuring proper maintenance and employment of YAA resources and ensuring they are utilized towards the achievement of the organization’s strategy, goals and objectives
- With the help of Procurement and Administration Officer, ensure that the operational procedures and policies are followed and where necessary update the systems, policies and procedures.
- Assist in designing and ensuring implementation and compliance with internal control systems
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time for the overall management of YAA resources, institutional growth and sustainability
Critical Technical Skills and competencies
- Preparation of balance sheets and budgets, also experience in the preparation and accomplishing financial annual audits;
- Experience in resource mobilisation and organisation development;
- Good understanding of fundamental financial policies
- Ability to interpret financial procedures and standards and their application;
- Proven knowledge of computerized systems and demonstrated experience of working with computerized accounting packages and spreadsheets;
- Ability to work independently and leverage limited resources and staff for maximum impact
- Good personal organization skills, accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Candidates must have in their possession a University degree in any of the following disciplines: Accounting, Public Administration, Business Administration, Economics, Management, Finance or related field;
- Postgraduate qualifications is an added advantage;
- Experience in implementing financial control systems in a busy non-profit organization is desirable;
- Candidates must have at least 3 years of relevant working experience in financial accounting
- Candidates must have an excellent command and use of computer software.
Terms of Employment
Competitive remuneration will be provided commensurate to the qualifications of the successful candidate.
This position will evolve. Responsibilities and job description may be reviewed and refined with changing needs.
Applicants should send a cover letter expressing their interest and expectations from the position and curriculum vitae with contact details of three professional referees by 7th December 2018 at 4pm to: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org